Tips to Make Your Move Safe, Fast, and Cost Effective
- Booking a Job: Please be as thorough and candid as possible when describing your unique move job. Having accurate job details in advance will help ensure our team efficiency. Knowing prior to your move: the residence size, # of stair flights (in & out), description of large and heavy items, long walkways over 50ft, dismantling and reassembling needs, multiple destinations, and any other pertinent move details are important to us as your moving company. Please feel free to contact us anytime after your initial phone booking to further discuss your job details.
Appointment Cancellation/Change: Please call AND email us at least 72 hours prior to the date of your move if you need to change or cancel your appointment.
Parking: Arrange for parking for the moving truck at both original and final destinations. Be creative with signs, cones, trash cans, cars, etc to ensure available parking. Busy city streets will usually require a parking permit. Visit www.MovingPermits.com to avoid citation/traffic issues. We will need safe & legal parking.
Packing: Being FULLY PACKED prior to our team’s arrival will make your move safe, fast, and cost effective. Sweet Lemon Moving Services cannot accept liability for unpacked and fragile items. We do offer packing/unpacking services. Here are some packing/moving tips:
- Do not leave any small stuff without packing.
- Pack and protect all fragile items.
- Use small boxes for books.
- Make sure boxes are full and close flat in order to stack.
- Leaving the boxes at the front will increase job speed (if desired).
- Label boxes clearly and include the room they belong to.
- Have a plan for furniture arrangement.
- Dressers, cabinets, etc. should be emptied prior to our team’s arrival.
- Small and fragile valuables as well as sentimental items should be moved by client (This includes medicine, jewelry, small paintings, glass items, electronics, etc.).
- Elevator: Make elevator reservation in advance with your building management.
- Storage: Make storage reservation in advance and be aware of hours of operations.
- HOA Requirements: Please let us know ASAP if proof of general liability is required.
- Children (pets too): Please keep safe and clear during move.
- Delicate Floors/White Carpets: Have them protected before our team’s arrival.
- Mattress Bags: We recommend using mattress bags for protection.
- Electricity: Disconnect all appliances such as washer, dryer, fridge, etc. before our team’s arrival (we do not move propane).
- Appliances: Please have them dismantled in advance if necessary to move.
- Truck: Please respect our liability concerns and do not enter ramp or back of our truck.
- Personal Presence/Phone: Stay present during your move & always keep a phone handy.
- Safety is Our Top Priority: Please do not rush or pressure movers to do unprofessional work.
- Final Walk Through: Check that nothing was missing/forgotten before movers depart.